Readings
JON 3: 1-10
PS 51
LK 11: 29-32
Well I have to admit, these readings don't quite give me the "warm and fuzzies" the way many have at this point in the Lenten journey. But I think that's okay and kind of the point. There are so many things that happen in this world because of humanities short comings. So much pain and suffering, caused by greed, anger, and power. I wonder what Jesus would say now, with the violence that has enveloped our culture? What can we do to resurrect the love and the vision of the Gospels when so much hatred and violence is done in the name of religion? I think we have to take things one small step at a time. Focus on making a positive impact of human connection each day and hope that the impact will spread. Put out the fire of hatred and violence with love and solidarity. In this case I think God's presence in the people of God is best represented through our actions rather than our words. We can make it our mission to make our lives and the lives of those that surround us positive, knowing and trusting that if we do, then we leave this world leaving a positive impact rather than a negative.
No comments:
Post a Comment